PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAR QHI - £65k
Thread: SAR QHI - £65k
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2011, 07:27
6Z3

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Do you think? I merely started the thread with an honest envy that i couldn't take advantage of a job opportunity on my doorstep for which i was eminently qualified but for duff ears through 30 yrs of doing the job. That it pays some £10k more than pusser pays and nearly 4 times the average wage down here makes the comments in this thread odd in my view. The job clearly will suit someone wishing to live in this area, who no doubt would foresake the bucket-loads available elsewhere. I have very good colleagues with 40 yrs experience as A1/A2 Beefers, happy to work in the Sea King sim down here for less than half this wage.

I really would be surprised if there weren't at least half a dozen suitably qualified ex-Ace of Clubbers or RAF St Mawgan/Chivenor SAR natives who wouldn't jump at the opportunity. If they were my contempories they would be also be on an RN pension of some £25K which pushes their income up to £90K which is on a par with the headmaster of our local large secondary school. Not bad if you ask me.