PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2011, 05:44
gobbledock

Location: Alabama, then Wyoming, then Idaho and now staying with Kharon on Styx houseboat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3 weeks after signing the CAO48 exemption Rossiter said he had a conversation with Bruce. Yes that's right, not HR for an open vacancy but Buchanan himself. Since when do CASA managers in their day to day work have a direct line to the Airline CEO??
Yes indeed, very interesting, please explain Bruce.
I ask ;
1) Would this mean that HR and Bruce contravened Jetstars own employment policy ?
2) Had a lower ranked employee violated company procedures in the same fashion would they not be dismissed for such breach of policy ?
3) Is this evidence of the wreckless attitude and 'do as I please' mentality of the airlines executives an indicator of why so many safety problems exist ?
4) Is it not interesting that Rossiter also had Jetstar as part of his oversight portfolio while employed with CASA in Melbourne, so should there not be a deeper investigation into all approvals and decision making signed off by Rossiter on behalf of the Melbourne CASA field office prior to his employemnt with Jetstar ?
5) Rossiter took with him another CASA Melbourne field office inspector to Jetstar approximately 6 months after his commencing employment with Jetstar. Was her new safey role in Jetstar advertised by HR ? Has there been an investigation into her decison making approvals and work tasks completed in relation to Jetstar prior to her leaving CASA and commencing employment with Jetstar? Has Rossiter and Jetstar HR again breached company policy perhaps ?
6) What/where is CASA's policy on staff resigning and commencing employment with an operator they have been assigned to and providing approvals to as well ? Should CASA's own HR manager be called before the senate to explain this process. Other CASA staff have been seconded to airlines for periods of time while still having access to CASA offices, is this a breach that should be explained by CASA HR who approved this process along with former DCEO Mick Quinn ( refer to Toll Aviation and the CASA employee who set up Toll's SMS) ?

I would suggest that Senator Nick question Rossiter without the presence of Bruce or Alan close by and really probe deep. Rossiter is merely a patsy to Bruce, it is part of his personality and mantra, he was a footstool to the execs at CASA and is a footstool to the execs at JQ, he will crack under pressure, I have seen it before.

Tsk Tsk when you add these events together with cosy fishing trips, drinkies at the Pinkenba Hotel with airline managers, and some pretty heavy party activities between regulatory staff and the airlines you start to side with Kelpie's comment 'Something smells here'!!