PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2011, 05:12
Lookleft

Received 233 Likes on 112 Posts
Sherm I have had that concept of stress testing an organisation and how it applies to staff explained to me recently and you have hit the nail on the head. Its how the BCG like to run business. It doesn't work in this industry as you have stated. Thats why this Senate hearing is so important and I get the impression that most of the senators "get it" and why BB and AJ don't. They are applying a business practise that they think is a sure profit generator with no understanding of how it can go wrong in so many ways in aviation.

When the headlines and commentators ask how could a jet accident happen in Australia no one can say that they didn't know there were problems-not even BB.

Mstr Caution-Airlines don't have to wait for the final report into an incident before they change procedures or personnel. It also doesn't stop them talking about an event before the final report has been issued i.e. BB saying that he can't talk about the DN windshear because its still the subject of an ATSB investigation. The ATSB investigation cannot be used for any legal action therefore is not subject to the same conditions as a court case. It also means that crew do not have to be taken off line while the investigation is on going. That decision is made solely by the airline and has nothing to do with the ATSB.