PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Managed path
Thread: BA Managed path
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2011, 01:51
JliderPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AL4 of the GAI is subtely different!

Stoppers,

Now that I have seen AL4 of the GAI, it has some sutble gotcha's that might prevent post 16/38pt PA types from using the managed path. I don't see how they are going to police this though, are BA going to verify each applicant with Manning? Rather than offer selection / employment to the highly qualified, experienced and motivated individual?

To be fair the airlines offer reasonably good pay and conditions but the job can become boring very quickly. That is an informed opinion from the friends I have in BA, Virgin, Easy and BMI. The only reason I would consider leaving military aviation is to take a break from the constant deployment to the desert. The flying that we do can be a lot more interesting than crossing the atlantic 3-4 times a month with an over unionized crew of militants.

Interesting to see that redundancy make you eligible for the scheme. Will there be some pilot's included in the next tranche?

"Those pilots who make early departures introduce manning difficulties and generate additional costs in training replacements." IMO that sentence is a poor choice of words, not very motivating for the troops.

Last edited by JliderPilot; 2nd Apr 2011 at 02:47.