PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rotary Nostalgia Thread
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2011, 21:28
DennisK

Location: Kings Caple, Ross-on-Wye.orPiccots End. Hertfordshire
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nostalgia

Herewith some more reg/pilot names for 'S' and beliieve it please, but i also owned G-AVUK which was purchased from Ken Reid of Twyford Moors in 1972, being the very first Enstrom I flew and in fact the very first to come into the country from Menominee. It was actually an F28 (no A suffix) and was unique in that it didn't have a collective lever friction fitted.

I sold it later to Richard Lester, and taught him to fly. Richard was a lawyer who sadly had to spend time as the guest of HM at Ford. It was then sold to Jimmy Meyer of Federated Homes at Dorking who later part exchanged it for a 280C Shark, (G-OFED)

I especially knew dear John Crewdson as he was one of my first Enstrom customers when his Helicopter Hire company purchased G-BCOT, G-BENO & G-BBRS. (BBRS on Police ops over London! .... G-BCOT was totalled on a night hover air test when a careless engineer coupled up the three push/pull M/R pitch rods 120 degrees out of sequence ... just think through the revised handling!) I flew with John in G-AWAP a couple of times and again filming the first 'Rollerball' circa 1974. On one refuelling occasion ex-Pinewood, the Blackbushe re-fueller looked at the 'Energy Corporation' sign written on the nose for the film and said he'd send the bill there! John's second son Nick later trained for his PPL (H) with me on a Sikorsky (Schweizer) 300 as did his beautiful daughter Kate, (remember the useless Westland 430 G-KATE)

Ref B206, G-FSDG ... that machine was bought from us by Derek Chandler of Flair Soft Drinks, hence the reg with G-FSDA being the first 206 machine in the series that his company Flair Air operated. G-FSDG was originally a C18 A model but around the late 1970s was converted to the C20B version. Derek Chandler's first ever heli was an Enstrom 28C-2 (G-BHAX) I supplied circa 1976

Just call for more 'anorak' information. Dennis Kenyon.