Old 1st Apr 2011, 16:18
LD12986

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doesn't really say much.

FROM THE GENERAL SECRETARY
Apr 1st, 2011 by admin

TO ALL UNITE BA CABIN CREW

Dear Colleagues

First of all let me congratulate you all on the fantastic result of the latest industrial action ballot. You have sent the clearest possible message to British Airways management about your strength, unity and consistency of purpose. Thank you for the support you have shown your representatives and the union as a whole.

Any mature management would now have to take notice and realise that there can be no possibility of a return to normality at the airline without an honourable negotiated peace. I hope that this possibility now exists. You will have heard from your reps and read in the press that informal discussions have taken place designed to restart that negotiating process. Negotiations themselves on the outstanding issues of substance will directly include your representatives, for the first time in over a year.

There has been a welcome change in tone from BA at the top, and I hope to see that reflected in a changed approach in practice, at all levels of the company. Unfortunately, this is not yet the case, and crew continued to be subject to unjustified disciplinary sanction and to other petty harassments on a daily basis. This cannot be allowed to continue. I would hope to have a positive basis for a “ceasefire” from management within the next few days. Failing that, please be in no doubt that I will be consulting with your representatives over the form that industrial action that we will be asking you to take, on the basis of the clear mandate in your ballot.

Of course, we all hope that the more positive mood will now be speedily built on and start to yield definite results. Either way, Unite’s commitment to securing for you an honourable conclusion to this dispute is firm and undiminished.

Yours sincerely,

Len McCluskey

General Secretary