PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vestibular Neuritis
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2011, 16:18
EGLD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mega Bump!!

Would be interested to hear from any VN sufferers here, particularly Stilton, as to what your status is now.

I've suffered hayfever since, forever, and appear to have had an ear infection a couple of years ago (diagnosed very, very vaguely by my GP as Labrynthitis) which resulted in various bouts of dizzyness on and off, of about an hour at a time. Really more headaches and mild dizzyness than the sort of falling over dizzyness.

Anyway, it was certainly something I was able to live with, just an irritant. This christmas gone I had a bad sinus/eustachian tube infection, developed raging tinnitus for 3 weeks, and have been left with far more frequent and far more severe headaches and dizzyness.

Was referred to an ENT who performed various tests, ruled out Menieres after a good hearing test, and hasn't suggested any form of scan. Unterberger's suggested damage to left ear which is where most tinnitus, clicking and fullness appears.

It comes and goes, one week I feel almost completely back to normal, others like this week I have dizzyness on and off every day, fatigue and headaches.

Really unpleasant

How did everyone else's experiences of this problem develop over time?