PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2011, 00:20
echogolfc.d.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
first flight

For reference I was a volunteer and still am. Onfirst flight day, as on the preceeding days I was commuting from home (35 miles each way). Was on site at around 0430/0500 to ensure that the press and others were looked after. I then went on to assist with traffic control (both road and air[onground] and other duties, culminating with having the privelidge to be on the banking to watch first flight. It was an experience I will never forget and I did these things as our team do these things as a matter of love and respect for something we fervently believe in.
As for food etc, It happened when we had time...........Mine as I remember was stewed flask of coffee and a burger at some point.
I might add, we adjourned to the local pub afterwords, then a journey home still burning adrenaline, and another trip on the Friday to help clean up the mess so that the folks at Brunty could get on with the mundane stuff having witnessed a piece of history taking place the previous day.
You BW are entitled to your opinion, its a shame you have to hide behind a pseudonym. I do not have that problem. My name is David Lee-Williams and I have been involved with the organisation for sometime.
We volunteers do what we are able because WE WANT TO. Please do not slate of my friends. Thank you.

Last edited by echogolfc.d.; 1st Apr 2011 at 08:48. Reason: typo