PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UPDATE - Seeking docs to play "House" for real
Old 31st Mar 2011, 20:56
Pitts2112

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update: All is well

It's been a long time since Anna-Nicole had this serious problem with anemia and I've owed those that helped an update for quite some time. The short story is that Anna-Nicole is a fine as frog hair and the cause of her anemia still remains a mystery. As suddenly as it set in, it seemed to cure itself as well. We don't know why, we're just glad it did.

She was first hospitalised in mid Dec '09. Christmas and most of January were very tense times as her Hgb count yo-yoed over the weeks. But it finally began to settle and she was given the all clear by Feb '10.

The time in between then and now has been "interesting" on a personal front, which explains why this update has been so long in coming, but Anna-Nicole has been fine and continues to grow like the proverbial weed, run around everywhere, and dance and sing like most 2 year olds. She is so fast at repeating what you say that it's like having an echo in the place. She is an absolute delight to be with and you would never know there was anything ever wrong.

I want to extend a personal, and heartfelt, thank-you to everyone who offered help, advice, and empathy during that time:

Bruce Wayne
Capetonian
Bertie Thruster
Loose Rivets
Selfin
Mad Jock
HEC
Airclues
One Day Soon
Bad Medicine (for letting the thread stand)

Special mention goes out to:
DX Wombat, who, I was reliably informed by Mad Jock, would get on a plane and camp out with us until AN recovered - and nearly did! DX, your help and reassurance were fantastic!

Taff Lightning, for putting me in touch with the father-in-law. Dr. Clow was terrific and spent quite a lot of time reviewing medical reports and assuring us that we were getting all the right care. Please pass on my thanks to the good doctor.

Say Again Slowly, for pulling in top notch intellects from beyond Hadrian's Wall to advise us on the case and relaying messages to and from.

My deepest thanks to you all for coming up on freq when the mayday went out.

And here's my little one today: