PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2011, 20:34
chrisaviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two fences

Very interesting thread here guys, seems to have caused quite a stirr

Would seem that there are two fences, those that are despairer for a job, and those that do not....and as such don't like the conditions offered.

I am just about to finish my HND with ATPL's and start my CPL/IR which is all self funded and to be honest I can't see any opportunities for me at the moment as newly qualified FO/SO. It would seem that this is the only cadet scheme at the moment that will consider me in any way shape or form. Like many on this forum along with those without any flight experience.

For those of you that have applied, the very best of luck to you and I too am awaiting for a response.

For those of you who feel that the conditions are not good enough, you are right, but please do not judge us as we all need to start somewhere, even if it means that we need to take one for the team now and again.

I firmly believe that we need to start at the bottom, work hard, take the hits and be prepared to compromise in order to get on in aviation these days seeing as low hours FO/SO jobs are few and far between.

Also if you feel that these conditions are not great, please, instead of just telling us this very important point, why do you not show us another airline that offers the same level of cadet-ship, but with better conditions?

I look forward to your interesting reply!

PS, starting at the bottom doesn't make us bad pilots, it makes us more determined!