PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment VIII
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2011, 19:41
May26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey everyone and good evening!
...few days missing, because of work...I have passed over the painfull weekend but still full of regrets...anyway, I saw a lot of questions overhere regarding the OD/AD...manytimes, as in Ro, if there appear a lot of persons at the OD (like 600!!!...and I'm not kidding at all), it may be transformed in AD (meaning that they take all the CV's but make a cruel cut and remain with up to (maximum) 100...I believe anyway that this was last year, as starting summer 2010 they only came for AD through an apointed agency (it is also on their site stated).
Regarding the english test, I have to say that it is not hard at all but there are tricky questions meant to misslead you. You just need to pay attention at tenses and everything will be just fine. There is also an essay, but that depends.

Finally, as I didn't make it this time, me and my boyfriend decided to try for Qatar,as they are coming next Saturday (th of April) in Bucharest.
We know the rumours, we know that it's not EK, but we had quite a surprise when two different people (friends, one still at QR, one back at home after one year) told us that that the money difference is not that big, the rules and regulations anyway are, but if you're more like the "indoor' person, you can be just fine overthere...we will see how it goes

Teddy, how are you???
I keep fingers crossed for next Saturday, as we will also attend QR interview here in Buch!...Hope it will end better than the EK one!!!

Hugs for everyone!

guys, another question: I have applied also for EY (Etihad) and just a few days ago received an invitation for an AD (for which you register online). I did choose the April 26th in Holland but I have some doubts if going or not after reading EY thread....from over 68 persons to the AD (from all over Europe) 5 were selected for FI and just 2 made it to Abu Dhabi.... the numbers are a little dissapointment for me and I am also thinking of the money issue...
I felt terrible when failing here, where I didn't spend a penny to participate and i just try to imagine how it would be to fail it overthere!!!horror!!!
Anyway, we will see how it goes with QR and also EK (just for my boyfriend as I have to repsect the 6 months rule) on May 7th.

Have a great evening !

Montreal,

Your post makes totally sense with what I've heard from our friends in Dubai, living and working there for EK!!!