PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All-PRNAV airports
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2011, 19:20
FlyingForFun

Why do it if it's not fun?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They are approved for non-precision RNav approaches. All of the CAA Staff Examiners at Bournemouth have flown RNav approaches in our aircraft after having inspected the approval.

Surely the approval for approaches (RNP0.3) will also cover PRNav (RNP1.0)? I'm not 100% on that, because we don't fly any PRNav procedures, but not only does it logically make sense, it's also implied in CAP773:
a system that meets the PRNAV certification (flying in the terminal area on RNAV SIDs and STARs) is required to be accurate to within 1 NM for 95% of the time, however, this still does not meet the required navigation performance for use in NPA operations
(Therefore, by implication, a system which does meet the required navigation performance for use in NPA operations, such as ours, also meets the requires for PRNav?)

If that's not right, I'd be very curious as to why it's not right. I'm still fairly new to all of this, I've just about managed to get my head around the terminology used in the various types of RNav approaches, but I don't have any experience of RNav departures/arrivals, etc, and I'm ready to learn if my assumptions are wrong.

FFF
--------------