PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All-PRNAV airports
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2011, 17:50
FlyingForFun

Why do it if it's not fun?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by IO540
What do you fly? Jets I assume.
No, Beech Duchesses. I work as an instructor teaching CPL and IR.
Originally Posted by bose-x
But the aircraft I fly are all P-RNav-approved, it's easy for me to talk about a P-RNav world and forget the very valid point you make about the cost of the approval.
Out of interest how as that achieved, I thought your fleet were all the usual, pipers and Duchess?
No Pipers, just Duchesses. And one Beech Sierra. But they all have approved Garmin 430 installations.

The CAA started testing candidates on RNav approaches a year ago, on condition that the school stated in advance that they would train their candidates on RNav approaches, and the aircraft the candidate tests in has an approved installation.

So we had a big drive to get them all approved. I wasn't involved in that process, so I don't really know too much about it - I just saw the certificate that came out the other end. Englishal - my boss (and the aircraft owners) may well have a funny handshake, but I really don't want to know what colour underwear they had to wear to get it to happen!

We the first school at Bournemouth to have candidates tested on RNav approaches, and they were very popular with the examiners, presumably because the examiners very rarely got to see RNav approaches themselves! I think the novelty has worn off now, though - it's been a while since any of our students have been tested on them. But they are all trained on them.

FFF
--------------