PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Low Flying Photo Shoots
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2002, 08:31
X-QUORK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spot,

Thanks, I'd already had a go at that earlier but it didn't seem to like it...cheers for posting it on my behalf.

Rob,

I'm not sure if you're just trying to get a bite from me, but for what it's worth....here goes :

1. The photo was scanned from an original photo that my father has owned since his membership of the team in the early 1970s, well before scanners or even household PCs existed.

2. I'd be suprised if this photo's already appeared on the site, are you sure it wasn't something similar ?

3. In my opinion the blue haze around the smoke was caused by light diffraction from the fuel vapour which is sprayed into the hot jet exhaust and produces the white smoke. The same principle explains why the sky is blue, due to sunlight being diffracted by the atmosphere.

4. That's not shadow you're seeing by the left-hand intake - it's a reflection on the highly polished (as you'd expect) fuselage.

I hope you're just pulling my leg Rob, I'd hate to think you were one of those geeky conspiracy theorists.