PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2011, 12:41
deltapapa

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unlike you i can remember first flight watching all the work that the volunteer's did from sweeping the pan's moving ground equipment walking up and down the runway colecting FOD all these guy's got was a thank you from Colin Marshall (logistics manager) and from what i remember i used to see the flight crew in the canteen having lunch and you can bet they never payed as the Vulcan office had a tab. Andrew is the most ignorant person i have come across he would sooner walk the long way round than speak to you he was forever messing my bosses around which he still does to this day.Just glad i dont give any of my money to the likes of him to waste on hotels and employing people with no real purpose a change of top management would do the Vulcan a world of good someone who actually knew what they were doing may actually make money instead of wasting it
I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry! BW you obviously have an axe to grind.....but your memory fails you, not too mention you would have lost the bet, I know the Ops Manager wandered down the runway and spoke to the volunteers as did the Chief Pilot, and I distinctly remember him always getting receipts for his sandwiches from the diner!!

And as an aside no food was arranged on the day of first flight before hand because they were all busy with other things it was overlooked and I was the one who went to the diner to arrange sandwiches for the aircrew CAA & MA personnel which were eaten in the ops office over a working lunch!!!

Your opinions of the management are of course yours and non of my business and I can't say one way or the other whether they thanked the volunteers

Last edited by deltapapa; 1st Apr 2011 at 06:01.