PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 31st Mar 2011, 10:12
clanger32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't want to yet dragged back into this disussion, but I just wanted to reiterate the point I was trying to make earlier, partic in light of the assertion student88 makes that eventually demand will be so high that the airlines will HAVE to emoy everyone.

What I would implore everyone considering flight training to do is consider the WHOLE costs - not just the headline financial cost. Look at the discussion DSB and I were having earlier in the thread and consider how it impacts your long term earning, time to command etc. Look at the very cogent arguments beazlebub puts forward - MOST people I know in life come to the conclusion - at some point - in their life that simply buying the cheapest [whatever it may be] isn't necessarily getting the best value for your money - so why do you expect it to be so for Flight training?

Modular or integrated will both get you a blue book. They are different beasts, so you cant simply say one is better than the other.... Instead it is up to YOU, the buyer, to familiarise yourself with all aspects of the pros and cons of both sides and choose accordingly.