PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Viking Airlines
Thread: Viking Airlines
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2011, 09:28
leisurelad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys can we please put this into some kind of prospective.

Ok, yes, people are owed monies, yes he and his clan is obviously connected in some way but lets look at a few things.

Firstly, TOR Air were about before Viking went, yes they were plodding along and now they have a chance for expansion with what looks to be investment from the same people behind viking.

Business is Business and they are only in it to make money, the way the world works. Many companies close and reopen as something else all the time so this is not something new, just happens to be reported more as it affects more people, both staff and customers.

Whilst TOR Air is selling seats directly, the bulk of their business is sold directly through tour operators who have chartered the flights and therefore TOR Air should have their costs covered as seats bought in bulk. So if they sell the whole flight but the tour operator only sells 50 seats, it shouldn't make a difference to the actual airline, its the tour operator who bear the cost.
Unless of course there is some kind of agreement that TOR Air have with them that they can give back their unsold seats, very unlikley though.

I personally whish them well and those that are being contacted to see if they want a job, its you choice, take it or leave it, no one is forcing you to work for them, but for others, some enjoy this kind of set up and will take it for what it is, whether it lasts a year or 10yrs.

I've been there and got the t-shirt with another outfit that came out of sweden but if they restarted and i was asked to go back, i'd probably consider it but only take it for what it is and have fun because it was probably the funniest job i have ever had, yes i was out of pocket but it would be the same with any other company if they went bust.

For those keep going on about how much they lost, this shouldn't be allowed, get a grip and get on with it or if it really upsets you that much, go and protest outside your MP's house and tell them how much the world owes you.
There are bigger things in life to worry about and whilst it is not nice, it happens every day to people.

Rant Over