PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Meloz and 89
Thread: Meloz and 89
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2002, 06:21
Thumbs up

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Elektra,
1)Good point....why won't we presented with the new contracts.As I said previosly,at my AFAP office they was a copy being waived around,but interestingly enough we were not allowed to peruse it.We were only fed the Union banter of it being a discrace,unworkable and if memory serves me right it was even called illegal.Now I know the Contract was available for anyone at the time to look at by simply asking the Companies,no obligation.

2) This may come as a surprise to some, but the Dispute was not the reason that Ansett fell over,and you would have a difficult job convincing 99% of the population otherwise.Indeed Ansett (and others) was hurt by the dispute,but any Financial shortfall would have (or rather should have)been reflected in the Sale price after due dilligance by Air New Zealand,and Singaopre Airlines before they were Gazumped.The downfall of Ansett was due to many reasons,none of which was the dispute.If that theory held any ground then Qantas should also be looking shaky.

3)I can tell you from first hand experience that prior to the dispute I was doing no where near the hours your first hand discussions were claiming.In fact a quick check of my log book reveals in the 2 years prior to I did 540 hours (including a conversion) and that was from someone who wanted to fly.
Talk about efficiency,I also recal flying with a Brizzy F-27 Captain who bragged about having done 1100 hours in 11 years.You know who I'm talking about and you know it was true.you would also know there were plenty like him. On my return I did 800 hours in the first year back and grossed 70% more than the 12 months (flying) before.Thats effeciency!!!.