PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alan Mann Helicopters (Nostalgia thread)
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2011, 18:52
helihub

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
OK, here are some AMH thoughts to get some more of you adding to this thread.
  • Four AB412s registered to AMH in Feb 83, cancelled in Jun 84. G-BKNR/S/T/U and I think I remember a b&w photo of one with its G reg appearing in Helicopter International (Heli1 will know). None ever made it to the UK - why did AMH have these registered in their name for 16 months?
  • Four AB206s registered to AMH Jun 81. G-BIZA/B/C/D of which C & D were never reported. BIZA became G-VANG for Vanguard Removals and BIZB was on AMH fleet for some years
  • Noel Edmonds - JetRanger G-NOEL, Squirrel G-NOEI in Marlboro colours (cr Silverstone Jan-87), Squirrel G-HMAN in Adidas colours. Was NE still working with AMH when he had Squirrel G-BGIM in gold with "Rainford Group" titles? Had company "Helicopter Management" - hence HMAN reg.
  • buying four 47G4As from Bristow - G-AXKK, AXKO in Nov89 and
    AXKX in Feb90 plus AXKU which was sold on immediately to a customer as G-MASH
  • a Reigate based 206 landing in fog (vis <50m I recall) c 1990-1 and PPL(H) pilot being confident of landing because he had designed the new DME which was being trialled at Fairoaks
  • Star Aviation fleet - JetRangers BAML and BAZN and F1 Twin Squirrel BSSM later replaced with an F2 G-BSLL
  • Toleman Group (F1 links) who had JetRanger G-TPTR and swapped it in for LongRanger G-HBUS already referred to. Owner Ted Toleman - (Toleman car transporters) and twin sons Michael and Gary (the latter sadly murdered in South Africa in 1983). Argh, I even remember their car number plates - Ted had ET2 and The Toleman Twins had TTT222 and 222TTT.

There now, that should keep you going for an evening or three!