PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - jet/bird evasive action
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2011, 14:12
BARKINGMAD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Birdbrain.

Thank you for the RYR Ciampino link, but I was hoping to read the report on the RYR multiple birdstrike at Ciampino, where I gather the crew tried to follow the Eng Failure on Approach as per QRH/FCTM etc advice.

This is only a valid course of action if at least ONE of the TWO engines responds to a required thrust demand-apparently both of theirs had quit.

The Prune thread at the time shows a photo of an airframe which may never fly again, more importantly everyone walked away or was assisted so to do!

In a year where 3 twin engined aircraft suffered powerplant failure close to the ground, I had hoped those eggspurts who tell us the best way of flying our aircraft could have shown more urgency in researching/revising & publishing the latest recommendations to the pilot community before the next event occurs, as it inevitably will?

There is no reason to suppose the report is locked away in MO'Ls safe as it appears the crew did a magnificent job on the day, or maybe it's because he doesn't want piloting skills to be praised after his widely published comments on our fraternity?????