PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is this an accident waiting to happen?
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2011, 13:53
Epiphany

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good point TC. It is a real pity that some PPL's with a chip on their shoulders muddy the waters for other PPL's who are keen to learn and contribute to the forum.

Maybe it is a sign of the times or the fact that many of us came through the military training system. If I were a beginner/learner/amateur/apprentice in any profession or skill I would not dream of trying to tell the professionals/skilled/qualified how to do their jobs. 'Ears open, trap closed, listen and learn' was drummed into me.

I wonder if some of the PPL contributors to this particular thread would be quite so vocal without the anonymity provided and absence of public ridicule?

I have been flying for 30 years, have 10,000 helicopter hours, an ATPL(H), 14 different type ratings and have flown most types of helicopter operations in many part of the world. I feel that gives me the right to comment on many topics on Rotorheads - but only those I have direct experience of.

I also have a PPL(A) but you won't find me commenting on any airline forum telling A380 Captains how to fly - or telling a radio controlled UAV helicopter 'pilot' how to fly his model - because I have no frigging idea.