PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is this an accident waiting to happen?
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2011, 13:15
Thomas coupling

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Devil

I gues that technically this should be subject of its own thread, but I can't be a**ed.
Instead, I'll mention it here as this thread is a perfect example of what I'm trying to say:

This thread started off quite rightly with an individual questioning a pilot with a PROFESSIONAL licence, busting limits. Very shortly thereafter, it appears to have been torpedoed by a PPL who knows very very little about the trade in general never mind anything about a CPL/ATPL doing his job incorrectly.

Other PPL's have commented causing additional distractions. This even leads to arguments breaking out about who has the biggest chopper!! I have noticed this across several threads inside "rotorheads". (The MW crash being the perfect example).

My question is...pprune specifically categorises the PPL and the professional pilot as two separate entities:

Wannabes Forums
Forums for those aspiring to join our fraternity of professional aviators with the best view in the house. Please use the Private Flying forum for initial PPL issues and anything not connected with professional licences.
and:

Rotorheads A haven for professional helicopter pilots to discuss the things that affect them.

Should this be strictly adhered to, or is it time for a review by Pprune re: definitions?

Many of us (CPL's and ATPL's) seem to spend an inordinate amount of time going over old ground explaining principles of flight / flight safety / aerodynamics / airmanship issues time and time again, instead of concentrating on the main topic.

I agree, there is always room for PPL's to pop in now and again and observe, possibly even offer the odd comment but on occasion like this thread here with chopjock et al, it can detract significantly from enjoying the main course!!
Comments? (professional pilots only please )