PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No Thomson recruitment for some time
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2011, 12:01
rjay259

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From the other side, ie the "fisher price" fleet.

I have had two weekends off since January, all weekends have been to CMF, I bid to not go there but all other F/O's considered "experienced" bar a few are given other flights. Even called me on leave to go there. During the week my roster is kind of protected so i can go to CMF. I know the dispatchers and fuellers by name.
Flying in the winter is poor unless you get a detachment. Summer is very tiring, minimum days off and never a chance to get flexi (to bloody tired to even want to bid for it).

All flights are generally returns apart from a few SSH flights where its slipped and its only flight crew that stay. Some guys stayed in SSH so often that they got to know people by name to, going to SSH once a week ain't so nice after a while.

Bidding doesn't work for me at all (bottom 10%), on the 737 fleet seniority rules for bidding. F/O's getting priority over Capt. RHS flying is a farce, have lost count of number of times that I have spoken to someone when I or a couple of other F/O's could have flown it. Cant send any more emails to the head of Carmen and rostering to point it out.

The crews on the fleet are very very good, more relaxed and friendly. Most CC prefer the 737 as the FD are much nicer (their words not mine).

I've been trying to bid onto the 756 since I joined the company, alas to junior.
Was told that all new joiners would be onto the 737 when i started but was surprised to see guys and girls joining onto the 756. Kick in the teeth.

Ocean, you will be welcomed onto the fleet when you do eventually come to it. Its a plane that makes you think tho.

Best regs.