PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: REX Recruitment/Cadetship and Working for REX
Old 30th Mar 2011, 10:12
Cirronimbus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Is there anyone here that has actually joined a cadetship and is now working for the company that provided the training????? I just wonder what their point of view is."

And you need to ask that question because....no one has actually joined up, and "made it"; and therefore, haven't been back to tell everyone how good this scheme is???

If anyone had actually bought the job of their dreams and "made it", I would have thought they might actually be telling us all, how wrong we are about our perceptions of this scheme. "Follow me, mates, this is the easy way"!!!

In fact, the only people I think I've ever heard rabbit on about how good their deal is are Amway suckers and cadet scheme newbies. Neither of whom have actually realised what they have paid for and what they are going to end up with (YET). By the time any of them realise just what they got sucked into, they are too embarrassed to front up and admit it (after all, there have been plenty of warnings from more EXPERIENCED pilots on fora such as these). That might be why you don't hear from those former 'cadets' (they don't actually have anything to brag about, i.e. they haven't "made it")?

You've been told what you want to hear and you believe it but have yet to realise what it will mean in the long run. You haven't "made it" by a long shot; unless you want to be ripped off like the poor sods who join schemes like Amway (and don't make 'it' either).

You aren't going to get rich quick (or 'make it'), so I hope you enjoy the "job" you've just bought for yourself.

"Cadet pilot schemes" are not necessarily designed to get as many "wannabes" as possible into jet airliners (or wherever you think "making it" is) as possible; the schemes are designed to make, or save, as much money as possible for the companies running them. They are designed to make a profit for the operator. They are not about getting "wannabes' into jets as soon as possible. You are at their mercy. You will do what they want, not what you want. You will pay to break the bond so you can get out and go to GA, just so you can move UP to where you think "making it" is (unless you think being a 'bonded' slave is "it"). Whether you, the "cadet" actually "makes it" or not is not a concern for them. Nor do they care about the effect on all the other people in the industry.

Cadet schemes are not designed to assist 'wannabes' as much as they are designed to make a profit for the companies who run them. Do you really think these organisations really want to see so many 'wannabes' get ahead so quickly? Do you really think qualified and highly experienced pilots are not a better option than 'wannabes' who have NOT got that qualification and experience?

The ONLY reason you get a 'position' with a company that runs a cadet scheme to get pilots, is because you PAY THEM for that position. Once you've completed your training, another 'cadet' will be willing to pay for the job and where will you go then, without your 'command' etc?

GA?

Good luck, be sure to let us know how you get on.