PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar cadets grounded
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2011, 09:14
astroboy55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You know the funny thing? These Qantas cadets were considered hard work to get up to speed on Metros, Saabs, Brasilias etc by the likes of Skippers, Airnorth, Pearl, Macair
Im sure everyone would like to believe that, but it is not the case in all instances. there definitely were a few instances.

Funnily enough, there were plenty of GA guys and gals that were considered extremely hard work to get up to speed, infact some failed where the cadets succeeded. Again, not the case in all instances.

However, that is a discussion for another time and place. The jetstar cadetship is a crock and should be outed as such. I for one have never supported the direct transition to the window seat of a jet, and never will. As someone who went through the cadetship, I would have no hesitation in stating that I was not ready to step into a jet after the training. It was not sufficient. No amount of 'sim' or multi crew training time is. Only real world time in real aircraft can prepare a person. even then, there are many individual traits and behaviours that can preclude a person from being suitable. I know this, you know this, lets hope the Inquiry also takes this line and instigates changes so that arrangements such as the jetstar cadetship can no longer happen.