PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rumour: Sunstate Engineers suspended over aircraft sabotage?
Old 30th Mar 2011, 07:16
L Riding hood

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
poor management

Thanks fed sec for the links to the senate inquire. I have been reading various blogs into the different situations the company Qantas and affiliated subsidiary have chosen to discipline their employees.

It sounds to me that Pilots and engineers who have uncover a safety concerns all have raised the problem with their local management. For some reason management have failed to implement a plan of action to rectify the issues (some may call it negligence). The pilots and engineers not receiving any follow up action by management have had to seek other methods to have the problem solved eg either going to their unions or the regulating authority. When the company have got wind of this they drag the employee over the coals for not going through company policy and procedures to get a resolution. They make any excuse to terminate their employment or discipline them for bring the companies name into disrepute.

All these issue where bought up with management and they fail to do anything about it. It is these so called managers who have given Qantas the bad name and are running it into the ground. They are trying to offset their incompetence by placing the blame on hard working individuals who actually give a dame about airline safety and the well being of its passengers. And the managers only care about lining their pockets

But what I do not under stand is that this type of pathetic management style is all throughout this company from mainline to j* and Q-Link. I didn’t think that there where so many evil low life’s who have no morals

There are so many cases where employees have raised concerns and instead of being praised for doing a great job and highlighting potential risks are instead punished because the manager thinks he will be questioned about the matter and will be found out about his apparent lack of skills the flaws in there management ability and so try to cover it up by removing and or disciplining the employee for bring a concern to light instead of encourage excellent work place ethics which would result in a safer and more efficient environment and there would be no need for arse covering

The end result from the negligence of these companies will be a catastrophic incident and no doubt the typical management will not except any blame and past the buck onto the pilots or engineers. And the flight crew and passengers will pay the ultimate price

It’s a very bleak future for Qantas if it survives the raping from executives and their poor management teams. It will surly no longer been an Australian company and why should an Irishman care.

Last edited by L Riding hood; 30th Mar 2011 at 08:48.