PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AJ gets the boot end year/JQ to be floated?
Old 30th Mar 2011, 02:11
The Green Goblin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What Joyce and co fail to realize when they crunch their outsourcing mathematics and foreign basing statistics, is that the passengers don't want/like it!

Passengers can overlook an 80s interior, old IFE systems and faded paint if the service is good, and the staff are Australian and happy. What they can't overlook is foreign staff, and bastardization of an icon by mis-management.

Nothing used to anger me more than JQ62/63 to Melbourne/Darwin. I was forced to fly on it as Qantas did not fly DRW to MEL, and my duty travel was stretched with an Adelaide/Brisbane or Sydney stopover.

You could barely understand the PA briefings, the emergency exit safety briefings were a garbled mess, and the cabin crew spent most of their time hiding behind a curtain. The only saving grace was the Aussie voice behind the reinforced door on the PA after transition.

If this style of crew is presented on Qantas services, then the Australian public will vote with their feet. As I said, the only reason why many passengers still persist with Qantas is the staff. Remove that from the equation and they may as well fly with Singapore Airlines.