PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OFFICER and AIRCREW 'CANDIDATES' PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 29th Mar 2011, 20:15
Jamesandpie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have my Aptitude on the 5th April and I got a call from OASC today to confirm I was still attending. I asked a few questions about coming back for phase two and she said that it would take up to 2 weeks before hearing back and it's likely to be around June/July before coming back again.

This doesn't seem to tie in with other peoples reports of a September onwards timescale...Also what are they going to do with everyone who successfully passes Phase 2 and are fit for Aircrew? Pick the top 10 candidates from a long list come April 2012?

I've been through OASC before and was thankfully successful through the whole thing and offered a Uni bursary, only hearing 2 months later I was temp medically unfit which has now been reversed back to fit. Since it was over 12 months since aptitude I now have to go through the whole process again, which is rather frustrating.

Surely they're not just queuing everyone who passes through OASC into a giant sift and then picking who they want a year later?