PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Honey Trap
Thread: Honey Trap
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2002, 19:11
Send Clowns

Jet Blast Rat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bow to superior Knowledge KC, a polymer gun. I seem now to recall a similar description, but I am no small arms expert. I realised the gun also contained metallic parts. However I suspect at times they are not detected by metal detectors, as the sensitivity certainly used to be set so that they were not set off by keys - though I notice in recent years they are more sensitive. In fact I went through two airports only in March with someone with a fair amount of metal embedded in her person and do not remember the metal detector going off (did it, if you are reading this?).

BJCC

I realised your point, and agree. I was simply curious.

In the case you mentioned I would suggest it would indicate no security breach. The lightweight plastic of a toy gun certainly woulod not show up on an X-Ray. If found in a search the weight would indicate it was not dangerous. Maybe a very minor security lapse if it was overlooked in a search (could be used to frighten people, though in the current climate not to hijack, as some people would risk their lives to stop a hijack now) but nothing in any way newsworthy