PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - selezioni ryanair
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2011, 12:15
taita

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice to' know

As a reluctant TPS based FO I can tell you exactly the situation. For the first 3 days of TPS airports closure to civilian traffic Taxi's were rostered and provided from TPS airport. Crews checked in at TPS, printed flight plans etc and then got taxis to PMO which is 1 hours drive, all this was included in duty plan. Some crews had their duties split up (ie 4 sectors changed to 2 sectors) so as to not go out of hours. Out of base crews were flown in from stansted to cover the other shifts.

Then with about a days notice our base was switched to PMO (temporarily apparently). Therefore duty periods are now not a problem for Ryanair. A colleague of mine got up at 3:15AM today for his drive to PMO, got back home at 6PM and will be up at 3:15AM to work tomorrow. It is mayhem as many cabin crew here (and even some pilots) do not have cars and some of the ones that do are refusing to drive. Cabin crew who asked about transport were told by their base supervisor "be there or you are fired." There is no out of base pay and no transport provided. People are driving 200kms every day for duty. I would say only 20% of the crew have a car (previously relied on the bus to TPS) so now everyday my FacePPRuNe is filled with people posting their roster and desperately trying to arrange lifts. Cabin crew on airport standby are only earning a few quid and it is costing them a fortune to get to the airport. Everyone is exhausted after only 1 day, I need to sleep in the cruise. F**k this company.

Sappiate a cosa andate in contro per evitare poi di
Sentirvi protestare quando vi succederanno cose similari.
Hai voluto la bicicletta ? Pedala!