PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions V
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2011, 05:00
notlangley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I notice something interesting._ It might be a coincidence, but didn’t someone once say that there is no such thing as a coincidence?

On 22 February 2011, Brendan Gold of Unite, sent a letter which very carefully and methodically calculated the cabin crew membership of BA to be 9824._ Now this figure was just about exactly 400 less that the numbers who had been balloted in the 21 December 2010 - 21 January 2011 strike vote._ Quite a big drop in such a short amount of time._ Comparing that ballot with the one announced yesterday I see that the YES vote is pretty well the same, the spoiled votes about the same and the DIDN’T RETURN BALLOT paper also just about the same._ But look and behold - the NO vote dropped by approximately 400 votes._ Please forgive me for suggesting this, but could it be that those cabin crew who received a ballot paper despite having resigned from BASSA decided to take advantage of this and vote against the Union that they no longer liked?_ If they did this, then that would have been naughty.