PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IndiGo with more fake pilots
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2011, 23:58
captjns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ultimately some fakes and corrupt DGCA officials will be brought to justice But at the end of the day what for. Like all other scams in India, this too will disappear and there will still remain a plethora of fake pilots and corrupt members in the DGCA and the Indian Government that will remain unpunished.

The rest of the free world needs to send India the same message sent to other countries banned from their airspace.

A poster in another thread feels that pilots who bribed the DGCA should be compensated for personal damages.

ICAO, and every aviation agency round the world need to take immediate action against the DGCA, and all Indian Airlines operating within their airspace. Some may say that these measures are extreme. Remember do to safety violations, many airlines from Africa and Indonesia have banned from the EU and the US. India needs to be added to this list until responsibility on their behalf has been demonstrated.

Ufortunately, Safety Assessment of Foreign Aircraft Ramp Inspections (SAFA) merely serve as a process to see if the fraudulent documents in the possession of these illegals are current. Given the state of the DGCA’s ineptitude as well as record keeping procedures, I can’t see the DGCA being motivated as a cooperating entity with other aviation agencies.

Anyone ever been to the offices of the DGCA in Delhi? Words cannot describe the state of the offices of the DGCA. It’s one of those sights that one need to witness for themselves. Shear filth and disgrace.

Call me a cynic, but this is what I foresee... IMO the DGCA will discover more fraudulent certificates than they were banking on. We can all agree the DGCA and the Indian Government want this embarrassment to disappear. With that being said, I’ll wager a month’s pay that the DGCA will take their pens, (ala a magic wands) and by the miracle of the Indian Sky Gods, make those fraudulent certificates into legitimate ones.

A team of aviation inspectors comprised from other nations should be created at the insistence of ICAO and other nations. This team needs to audit ATPL pilot certificates of those airmen operating beyond the borders of India. As corruption and incompetence is so perverse, oversight of the Indian DGCA is essential.

Immediate action must be taken to ensure the safety of the innocents both onboard VT registered aircraft and on the ground.

The cost should be borne by the Indian Government, or DGCA or both.