PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IndiGo with more fake pilots
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2011, 20:42
DesiPilot
The Bumblebee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Avionimc,

May I ask what did you do when that first officer was talking on the phone or sending texts when flying? Were you not the PIC and had the authority to tell him to put his phone away? Who did you blame for the FO who couldn't buckle his seat belt? I'd say that his SFI/TRI is equally to be blamed; I remember the first time I used the five point harness, I didn't know how to use it but my instructor was more than happy to show me how to use it.

Don't take me wrong, I've had my share of green first officers in India, some of them did think that they were God's gift to aviation. I wasn't a check pilot or TRI but I would mentor them, ask questions and when a daughter of DGCA officer couldn't tell me memory item I told her that I'd call her dad and let him know. You bet next time I flew with her she knew all of the memory items.

There is a difference between fake pilots and inexperienced first officers. It is part of our job as captains to mentor the next generation, like we were taught by our peers.

I say it is a good start that at least DGCA is taking some action against pilots who used forged documents. It will definitely scare the hell out of everyone and they wont forge the documents for sure. I am glad that DGCA is checking all the license issued till date; I bet there are a lot of scared pilots in India.