PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why is the RAF buying the F-35?
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2011, 20:27
LeCrazyFrog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last time I checked no one was trying to convince the French to buy F-35.
I know, just trying to convince the brits to make the only sensible choice... buy Rafales but I know they'd rather chew their balls rather than admit it...

It's not an endless black hole. The airplane has over 1000 hours of flight test on it. Previous cost estimates have all been based on powerpoint, but current estimates are based on the real world and a growing body of evidence. So they're becoming higher fidelity and increasingly believable.
If it is not, why so many people are increasingly looking at their wallets (and don't tell me it's the crisis...)

If you want to take your flight of Rafales into an S-400 missile engagement zone (S-400 SA-20 Triumf - Russia / Soviet Nuclear Forces if you don't understand the buzzword) alone and unafraid, crack on. I'd rather be in an F-35 thanks very much.
Odds of that...? (yes, I know you always have to be ready...) I'd rather have some planes that actually fly and which are able to shoot down some rusty Galebs... Haven't seen many F-22 flying around the ZEA...

Again... if it is such a sure bet...