PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions V
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2011, 19:44
MPN11

Received 137 Likes on 64 Posts
1. Hello, Frogal. I share your grief, but BA is playing a long game. I think the evidence is that they know what they're doing ... see next.

2. From the CC Thread ...
There won't be a strike. BASSA Reps have been telling crew that they fly with that the next step will be to announce strike dates, then cancel them. Then Re-ballot, round and around the BASSA merry go round until BA gives into their demands.

The reason is that members have expressed concern about the financial implications of further IA. So BASSA's strategy is to just cancel and re-ballot as they know they will not have the support they had last time.

I have heard this from quite a few sources, but does anyone know if they can do this? Surely if they cancel they have no justification to re-ballot?
3. BASSA/DH are possibly intent to play silly bu66ers, as was pre-warned some time back. That does precisely nothing to further the cause of the CC, of course, but does have the potential to cause minor damage to BA's forward bookings.

4. Following on from 3, I hesitate to mention the fact that DH appears to have engineered a situation where he remains in his salaried post as long as there is an on-going Industrial Dispute, despite the fact that he is no longer employed by BA and is technically un-entitled to be Gen Sec of BASSA. However, one day those 5,811 union subscription payers will realise what's happening ... especially if the "unavailable" BASSA accounts ever surface.

This is a DIRTY fight, and BA are remaining impressively calm. I do earnestly hope there will be some severe retribution in the future ... not for the individual CC, but for those who have created this farce.