PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Industrial Action at Flybe?
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2011, 19:06
Desk-pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Balpa cc

I'm curious Lord Moulton Brown why you feel the present CC should stand down if the vote is a "no"? I for one don't blame them for having such a tough time negotiating with such an intransigent mgt. They're our elected representatives, they are doing their best and my understanding is that Flybe mgt insisted that this offer was to be made only subject to it being recommended to the pilot community. In order to present the offer I believe they agreed to recommend it, that doesn't mean they agree with it or that we are bound to accept it.

If we vote no I would guess that the matter may be referred to ACAS who as an independent entity will I think laugh hysterically at the management who think it's right to freeze staff pay for one year, offer 2% the next and meanwhile help themselves to 28% rise and free flats in Kensington, interest free loans galore, £500 000 flotation bonuses and the like.

Nobody of sane mind can seriously suggest this will be judged as 'reasonable behaviour' and I would expect ACAS to find that the union were being quite fair and balanced in looking for a rise in the 5-6% range.

ACAS or industrial action - I don't mind so long as a fairer settlement prevails and the CC have my full backing on this.

DP