PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Industrial Action at Flybe?
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2011, 17:11
Lord Molton Brown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HidekiTojo: What is your point, you have no point of substance.

Desk-pilot: Your are not comparing like with like. F/O taking home £2000 and a Capt taking home 8000 euros, which is actually just over £7000.

BALLSOUT: Flybe were "given" about £150,000,000 from BA to take BA Connect from them. That allowed Flybe to expand their business and be in the position they are in now. A good number of pilots were offered the opportunity to go to BA Cityflyer, some went, some did not and some went to various airlines.

james brown: you make some valid points. I think it is important to remember, that in terms of the BA Cityexpress SA, whilst Flybe could not accept the gold plated one that was enjoyed by those at BACX, it was a hell of a lot better than the one Flybe had at the time, so I understand.

To all: if the latest vote is a NO, despite the recomendation of the CC to accept, then I assume the CC will stand down - this will result in a new CC being formed, which will take months, by which time a lot may change, perhaps not for the better, and the present offer will be withdrwan.

Ladies and Gentleman, I suggest by not accepting this offer, one may be shooting one's self in one's foot. Perhaps something to consider.

Last edited by Lord Molton Brown; 28th Mar 2011 at 17:55.