PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No Thomson recruitment for some time
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2011, 17:03
DooblerChina

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goa is only served by two flights a week, MAN & LGW. Therefore depending on the schedule, a crew could have anything from 24 hours to 6 days. Its the same in Mombassa, Male, Aruba plus a few others. In contrast, our most popular destinations, CUN, Orlando, Dom Rep, there are loads of flights from all over the country so 24 hours stops are more common.

We get a long haul bid 6 times a year and the trips vary massively. Most Summer work is 1 or 2 nights in the Caribbean or Orlando whereas Winter is a real mix. Lots of 2 - 5 day trips, Barbados is a favourite, last time i went, there were 4 crews for four days, as it ties in with the cruise ships. Add in the adhoc stuff, we crewed a 76 for the Scandies all Winter so everyone got a shot at a 9 day Phuket. Its a good mix but in all honesty, don't expect it to stay that way. All future recruitment i would expect to be on the 737. Soz.

Donkey D, not sure what you mean about seniority, all trips are open to every one, the most difficult to obtain are the 5/6 day Orlandos. Having said that I did one last year and I'm quite junior.

Regards,

DC

ps, Oceanhawk, cheers.