Thread: Meloz and 89
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2002, 13:35
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

I admit I made a MISTAKE.

The figures I quoted earlier on - and that have been the cause of not a little dissent - were NOT Australian Dollars, but Singapore, when the exchange rate was around the AUD1 = SGD1.46 (mid-late 1990).
The reason being that at that time I and the fellow who was being pestered by the little Wa#ker to join him as a scab, were both in SQ mode, and were comparing the salaries we would receive vs those we could have received.

The $385K-$420K that I erroneously cited converted back then to Aussie Dollars to approx. $260K-$285 - and from that I WON'T budge!

And certainly that WAS a 3-4 fold INCREASE for the 737 f/o's that went back and were almost immediately upgraded to "captains".

HAD THE DISPUTE BEEN ONLY ABOUT "GREEDY PILOTS WANTING MORE MONEY", IT WOULD HAVE ALL BEEN OVER WHEN THE CONTRACTS WERE FIRST OFFERED!

And to backtrack a little, ANFO your story of the dogsh!t with broken glass sounds good at first read, but then a few questions really need answering to determine how TRUE (or feasible) it might be.
Where was the car parked, when this incident occurred? It would have been impossible to have tampered with it when it was parked in the staff car park. And had it been at his house, I'm certain it would have been locked away in a garage.
And who made up this delightful mix - scooped up the dog poo, mixed in the broken glass, and then pushed it under the door handle, without cutting his OWN fingers (let alone putting up with the stink!)?

And to the story of the eggs being thrown over a wall (?) at the Hammo Hotel...actually when I read this one on another thread, it purportedly occurred in Melbourne!!......
How do you know it was '89-ers who did it? Or are we now responsible for EVERYTHING that happens to our sensitive scabs?

The so called "incidents" that were reported during the Dispute were listed with dates and times, and just co-incidentally I happen to have the list.
Many were plain bs, such as the names of a dozen or so pilots seen at the airport "distributing brochures", or "taking notes".
Others report events such as "answering machine recording male voice saying 'You're nothing but a @#*>ing scab' ".
"SCAB painted on xxxxxxx' fence".
"SCAB written with weedkiller on the lawn of xxxxxxx"
"Capt 'Lightfinger's' wife was asked "Where's your husband? He's nothing but a scab. Why doesn't he write it on his forehead."

The "worst" description of a property damage incident that was OFFICIALLY DOCUMENTED was yellow paint thrown over a car.

Much of the rest that is (and was) ASSERTED as happening, is - I believe - FABRICATED to try to achieve SYMPATHY! Furthermore, I don't believe that ANY '89-ers were charged with any of the alleged incidents.

The FACT is NO-ONE suffered any physical abuse (although ANFO claims that HE came close to it).