PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Industrial Action at Flybe?
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2011, 10:25
james brown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ballsout, that's a good point, and Flybe working practices have been a real wake up for those from a proper airline ie citiexpress.

For your information most don't intend to leave for SSTR and easy fo's earn similar to dash skippers.
Do tell what exactly you are going to leave for then? Are Ezy going to have a special scheme for hacked off Flybe drivers? What makes them so special I wonder?
Or is it more likely they know loads of Flybe people want out so will take full advantage of that fact? You will more than likely be paying through the nose for a TR. You will not get a nice regional base where you live. Gatwick anyone? You will more than likely be on random rostering. Maybe even hourly paid? Sick pay? And lets face it the Flybe pension is pretty good.
As flipster says if it's lifestyle improvement you're after EZY isn't the place to go. And for a skipper to move to EZY as an FO, well I dread to think how long an upgrade may take. EZY have plenty of guys knocking on the door of a command already.
I assume you knew the salary when you joined. Why did you?

Oh and from what I can see Flybe are making a profit. Do share with us your insight on why the management are in for a 'lynching.'