PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BK GA Lane
Thread: BK GA Lane
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2002, 12:22
Captain Kellogs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oz grade 3 how often do you fly around IF?

95% of my flying is IFR and have never had a problem getting a radio call in due to traffic in the lane, I have had trouble with people calling up vfr for a QNH and adding a heap of dribble in that is not required and does not increase saftey for there flight,

do you train your students to call for QNH or have you taught them how to use forecasts correctly?

I do think the LoE should have a dedicated frequency, and after the comment about the Ultralites i think it should be a ctaf,

another point oz grade 3 made was standard altitudes for north and outh bound, last time i flew it i was sure the tracks were horizontally displaced, so seperation by altitude should not be required for opposite direction traffic, the only thing it does is keeps traffic on the same track at the same level which increases the risk of collision, a better idea would be to stack the aircraft by speed,

i usually come down the lane as low as possible when in a high performance twin as i have found it easier to see aircraft when they are above me rather than against a backdrop of buildings.

i always make a radio call entering the lane in both directions and in doing so have seperated my self with conflicting traffic.