PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC135
Thread: EC135
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2011, 11:41
ILblog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problems with main tank in EC135

Hi

Several months ago I have started to have problems with fuel QTY meter in main on my 2008 EC135P2+. The symptoms was FULE QTY DEGR message, and faulty indication in main tank. Talked to maintanence, they suggested water in fuel so I have drained tank, refueled and added a little bit of Priest in order to get rid of water. When ever I put some priest I went to fly to consume the prist with fuel. It helped.

When the chopper went to 100hrs inspection I suggested to check fuel QTY meters in main tank, and WHAT A SH.....T!!!!!!

The main tank in the rear area is completelly unbonded and separated. Sending photo. Eurocopter suggest to get new main tank, and since chopper is still under warranty, my main concern is what is the cause of the problem and who will pay for it.

Have you ever seen something like this. The helicopter was a long time in Malaysia on the ground, waiting for customer. Do you thing that some kind of bacteria can cause this? Do you thing Priest can destroy the tank in such a way? Except for Priest I am not aware of any other additives in fuel. And I have personally refuelled only in HEMS heliports, and good airports in Czech Republic a Switzerland, where good quality of fuel can be expected.