PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cessna 210
Thread: Cessna 210
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2011, 11:21
SNS3Guppy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have no idea what "rtfm" is supposed to mean, but one going for a job in a Cessna 210 is generally not well into his career. Usually a first or second job at best. If one is asking questions such as the approach speed it's a given that one has no experience in type, which means that the employer isn't going to expect him to have experience in type.

When one gets a job in an aircraft one hasn't flown, often one does a checkride or a sim ride in that airplane, or some other aircraft, and one isn't expected to be a whiz in the airplane in which one is getting tested (unless one has a lot of experience in type).

I have the manuals as well as a bunch of material on getting ready for a checkride in the airplane that happen to be on my computer at the moment, because I was doing checkouts in 210's not too long ago. The material isn't mine, but it may be of some use. I'll be headed downrange shortly and don't expect much or very good internet, so sending attachments likely won't work after I go. Otherwise, if the original poster can wait, I can send them in a week or two.