PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bmibaby
Thread: Bmibaby
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2011, 00:30
DomyDom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bmibaby at MAN

Wana be there,

Your post is interesting and I agree with much of the sentiments in it. While delighted by the Monpellier route from MAN, that to have missed Madrid and Berlin, while only providing Verona from East Midlands did appear to be a perculiar stragegy. I remember Julian Carr making his grand statement about expanding niche routes from Manchester however at the time I thought this never really seemed plausible given baby chopping and changing routes as they were.

I wish baby well as they were the first LCC at MAN and have stayed at MAN through thick and thin, as well as offering some interesting french routes and keeping LIS just about alive from MAN. They also have their fans and I really think with Lufthasa's backing and some prompt decision making that they could develop some interesting routes from MAN to e.g. Oporto, Asturias, Granada, Seville as well as Verona etc. and make some money. I would like to see some targeted further expansion at MAN along the lines of MON as I think that the niche route strategy if actullay implemented will provide a future.

Just my thoughts,

DomyDom