PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Landing NORDO at KDCA
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2011, 00:22
Lord Spandex Masher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry Con, but I'm only regurgitating part of your post at the top of the page. How's that insulting?

I'll reiterate about showing off ones experience. This is the internet. I could say anything and you wouldn't be able to prove it either way. Much the same as me not being able to prove you have zero hours? So what is the point?

First off, read the post just above yours for the answer of how to operate at a controlled airport that has become uncontrolled. All it takes is common sense, experience and judgment.
I already know. But what I don't know is if anybody else does and if they did what their reaction would be in the same situation. Neither do you.

If you lack such attributes, so be it and land somewhere else, where the tower can 'talk you down'. I certainly would not like to push a pilot into a situation you/they cannot handle.
No tower has ever "talked me down". That isn't their job.

Again, I, as many other experienced pilots here have stated that there was no danger involved landing at DCA as is under discussion. If you have a problem with that, so be it.
How do you know there was no danger involved? Could you see the unseen danger?

As for the self importance bit, you started off with insults, not me.
Again, what's insulting about using the information about yourself that you so readily proffer. However, you just immediately decided that I did not know what I was talking about.

But believe it or not, you are not the know all, end all of aviation safety.
I have never claimed to be.

stepwilk,

particularly those who condescend to say, "I -could- tell you all about my time as the ace of the base, but I'm too busy to bother."
I take it that's aimed at me. I'm not, never have been and never will be ace of the base. Much to my chagrin. I'm not too busy to bother. As I said to Con, I could tell you anything and you couldn't prove it either way.

Ok. 21,100 hours. All heavy jet time.

Feel better?!