PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair/qatar airways
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2011, 23:32
Luke SkyToddler

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I never said it was a written "rule" spamcan, neither did I make it up. There was no "rule" about Evian when that captain got fired either. They made it retrospectively.

To be fair, in 90% of cases they don't fire the pilot they fire the girl - and put her on the immigration blacklist for next couple of years so she can't return to country and see her boyfriend - yes I do personally know one couple where that's exactly what happened.

Yes it's perfectly possible to maintain a relationship as long as you're discreet and careful about things like putting pics of yourself together on face book, sharing taxis together. But the real question is why should you have to put up with the constant being careful and looking over your shoulder and fearing for your job, when there's plenty of good jobs elsewhere where they treat you like grown ups?

If anyone wants any further insight into the weird and wonderful world of QR's "rules" regarding interpersonal relationships, go search on the ME threads for the strange story from a couple years ago, of a very nice A320 captain who was humiliated and terminated via "chop ride" on direct orders of the CEO, because he defied the company rule of requesting permission to marry his G/F.

And then ask yourself if that's the kind of outfit you realllly want to work for

Last edited by Luke SkyToddler; 27th Mar 2011 at 00:30.