PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Landing NORDO at KDCA
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2011, 23:25
Lord Spandex Masher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Con,

Are you too swept up in your own self importance to realise that there is a difference between landing at an uncontrolled airport and landing at a controlled airport that has, for whatever reason, become uncontrolled?!

What relevance has my post count got to this subject? What difference does my join date make? It's not the same as the date I started flying so utterly irrelevant again.

I could, if I chose, proudly display my flying experience, both military and civil, for you all to see but again it's irrelevant and you wouldn't know if it's accurate or a blatant lie. Besides, I don't feel the need to do so anyway. So what's your point?

No, we do not need ATC permission to land everywhere. Surprised you don't know that or that you are unaware of that. Of course if you are not an experienced pilot, you wouldn't would you.
Did my reference to controlled and UNcontrolled airports not make that clear to you? Is it only experienced pilots that fly into uncontrolled airports? No, my very first hour was flown at an uncontrolled airport. So shock horror a sub 21,000 hour pilot understands how uncontrolled airports operate. Golly!

Enjoy your scotch.