PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Consultation Draft Part 91.
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2011, 23:24
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
First stumbling block - strict liability offence not to follow AFM. Presumably the Crew of the Qantas A380 that didn't follow the QRH are automatically guilty.

91.060:

(5) The pilot in command of an aircraft must discharge his or her
responsibilities under subregulations (2) and (3) in compliance
with the following:
(a) the aircraft flight manual instructions for the aircraft;

91.080 to 91.085 gives me the right as pilot to carry and discharge a loaded firearm from an aircraft?

91.095 Portable electronic devices - unless CASA issues a written dispensation in writing, presumably my hand held ICOM VHF may not be used in flight. Anything with a Bluetooth or WiFi conection is also out since these are transmitting devices.

91.145 says it is an offence not to carry your licence and medical, or reasonable copies thereof.

91.150 Says you have to carry the manual for your Dynon Skyview if fitted.

91.150 (4) says that screwing up your computer because you don't understand what you are doing is an offence.

91.210 says that failing to check that a fuel tank cap is fastened, and it falls of, then you are guilty of an offence. In other words any act of omission in checks is an offence.

However if you think it wasn't necessary and can convince a jury that belief was "reasonable" then that is a defence.

91.341 seaplane on water must comply with "International regulations for the prevention of collision at sea" not just "International regulations". Furthermore, they had better comply with the Harbour Masters regulations as well or there will be trouble.

91.510 means it is an offence to land with less than fixed reserves of fuel as far as I can tell. This reminds me of the storemans lament: "But if I give you the spare, then there won't be one in the store." There needs to be a defence for this charge.

91.567 - you are required to tell your passengers whether you are insured or not and if the aircraft is experimental.

91.775 says that if you have a red beacon then it will cost you 25 penalty units if you fail to turn it on after starting your engine. It's then 50 penalty units if you fail to turn your strobes on before moving.

91.920 Computerised navigation system databases

This appears to be a licence for Jeppesen to print money. The use of in car navigators, Iphones, Ipads or laptops with Ozi explorer is now verboten.