PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Landing NORDO at KDCA
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2011, 23:02
con-pilot

Aviator Extraordinaire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But there is a difference between landing at a controlled airport without any 'control' and landing at an uncontrolled airport.

For a start there are procedures that are followed at an uncontrolled airport to ensure people know what other people are doing.

What procedures were in use at the controlled - but temporarily uncontrolled - airport to ensure the same?

To blithely say that we do not need ATC to land somewhere shows a distinct lack of lateral thought and vision about this particular situation. Even for a 21,000 hour wonder.
Getting personal now are we. That's okay with me, I'll not make a fuss.

No, we do not need ATC pemission to land everywhere. Surprised you don't know that or that you are unaware of that. Of course if you are not an experienced pilot, you wouldn't would you.

At least being a 21,000 hour pilot, I do know what I am talking about, you obviously do not.
Getting personal now are we. That's okay with me, I'll not make a fuss.

No, we do not need ATC permission to land everywhere. Surprised you don't know that or that you are unaware of that. Of course if you are not an experienced pilot, you wouldn't would you.

At least being a 21,000 hour pilot, I do know what I am talking about, you obviously do not.

For someone who just joined last year and only have 290 posts, you're quite the expert. So I've given my background to lend credit to my views on this subject, why don't you share yours?

I'll not hold my breath.