PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2011, 22:39
luisjuan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
math

I'm starting to despair with the difficulty of the maths regarding stage 1. How hard are the problems?? I keep finding different types of S/D/T problems which I am not familiar with and all sorts of arduousness. Is anybody capable of telling me if, for instance, the problems copied below are more difficult than the ones in the real test or if easier??. Thankss loadss!, I'm in complete despair..

A cargo plane flew to the manteinance facility and back. It took one hour less time to get there than it did to get back. The average speed on the trip was 220 mph. The average speed on the way back was 200 mph. How many hours did the trip there take? (SOL: 10 hours).

Aircraft A left airport and flew south. Aircraft B left three hours later flying at 42mph faster in effort to catch up to A. After two hours B finally caught up. Find A's average speed. (SOL: 28mph)

Plane B left Chicago flying due east at a speed of 400 mph. Plane A left Chicago 2 hours later, flying in the same direction at a speed of 600 mph. If plane A is 400 miles behind plane B now, how long has plane B traveled?
(SOL 4h)

Please anybody that remembers post a replyyy... I will be most grateful. Thankssss!!!

P.s: Loads of luck to hatemyjob and KirtjE!!!!.. Hope you get through!!!!

Last edited by luisjuan; 27th Mar 2011 at 00:39.